As part of its mission, the Engineering Administrative Computing Group designs, develops, and maintains departmental web/database applications that serve staff, faculty, and students in EECS and other units of the College of Engineering. This page provides a brief summary of our systems.
We also share data from our applications, for integration into external systems.
- My EECS Info
- Provides access to a variety of information for members of the EECS community (faculty, graduate students, staff, researchers). Information includes faculty contact info, assistants, office hours, research areas, centers/labs, research projects, faculty committees, graduate students, industrial contacts, courses, publications, technical reports, office/desk assignments. Allows edits to most existing data that is linked to the user. Provides links for faculty to the graduate admissions, faculty recruitment, and grad student review systems, plus any other applications that a specific faculty member has access to.
We also have a visual diagram of our faculty information and how it is used in different systems
- Faculty Directory
- Stores public directory information on EECS faculty, including contact info, brief biography, office hours, assistants, teaching schedule, research areas, and centers/labs. The data is the source for several sections of the EECS website, including lists of regular, emeritus, new, and visiting faculty, and the departmental faculty homepages. Updates to most data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Faculty Administration
- Stores restricted administrative information on EECS faculty: committees, administrative positions, leaves. The faculty committees and administrative officers EECS web page comes from this data.
- Research Areas/Centers
- Stores information on EECS faculty research: areas and centers/labs. Unlike the Faculty Directory application, this app allows edits to the research data itself (as well as its relationship to specific faculty members). The data is the source of the Research Areas and Centers and Labs sections of the EECS website. Updates to most data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Research Projects
- Stores information on research projects. The data is the source of the Research Projects section of the EECS website. Updates to some data can be made via My EECS Info. (Research project data tends to be out of date.)
- Tracks EECS technical reports, faculty publications, and departmental dissertations. For technical reports, the publication itself is stored as a PDF file. The data is the source of several sections of the EECS website: Technical Reports, Dissertations, and Patents, as well as publication info on faculty homepages. Updates to some data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Industrial Relations
- Stores information on companies, donors, gifts, funds, memberships, events, and other matters related to the EECS External Relations Group (XRG). This application is used by staff to track contacts with important people, and to maintain detailed notes on companies and other donors. It also handles online event registration. Updates to some data (e.g., faculty contacts with companies) can be made via My EECS Info.
- Heaven Points
- Stores information on class schedules and faculty teaching loads. The data is the source of current and future class schedules on the EECS website.
- Faculty recruiting
- Loads data from the Campus faculty recruiting system (APRecruit) and provides a streamlined interface for the faculty and staff who review the many applications for EECS positions.
- Engineering academic personnel (in development)
- Will provide an overall view of a faculty member's career and progress at UCB, with separate interfaces for Dean's Office and departmental academic personnel staff.
- Faculty Ballots
- A simple system for managing faculty voting on endowed chairs and Engineering-wide academic proposals.
- CoE Faculty Committees
- Tracks College faculty committees and their membership by academic year.
- Graduate Admissions
- This application is used by all departments in the College of Engineering. It handles applications to our graduate programs. Most of the application data is downloaded from the campus graduate division database during the application cycle each fall. This application is used by staff to track applicants throughout the admission process. There are separate modules that are used by faculty to review applicants and assist with admission decisions, and to track visit day appointments.
- Graduate student
- This application is used by almost all departments in the College of Engineering, as well as the Psychology and Neuroscience departments. It stores information on current graduate students. It is used by staff to track all academic progress towards degree and to run reports both for tracking current students and for gathering long-term statistics. There is a separate application that is used by students faculty for graduate student reviews.
- Exit Survey
- Provides an online survey filled out by EECS graduate students upon program completion, and reports summarizing the results for staff.
- This application is used by all departments in the College of Engineering, as well as the Psychology department. It handles onlin applications for Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Reader positions and is used by staff to make position assignments. A complete rewrite and improvement of this system is in progress.
- Undergraduate student
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Student Affairs office as well as by all departments in the College. Tracks academic and degree progress for College of Engineering undergraduates.
- L&S CS undergraduate student
- Stores information on Letters & Sciences (L&S) Computer Science undergraduate students, and used to manage scheduling for undergraduate advising sessions. There is also an application used by undergrad students to apply for admission into the major.
- Undergraduate faculty advising
- This application is used by EECS and BioE to manage undergraduate faculty advising. There are separate applications that are used by faculty to update their advising info and preferences each semester and by students to choose advisers and sign-up for advising sessions.
- Student Awards
- This application is used by EECS, ME, and the Blum Center. It handles nominations (or applications) for student awards and fellowships managed by the department. Allows online faculty review of the applications.
- CAEE Scholarship
- Provides an application and review system for scholarships administered by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence.
- CAEE Visitors
- Provides a registration and reporting system for students using services at or provided by the Center for Access to Engineering Excellence.
- CalSO Orientation
- An online orientation for incoming Engineering students, both freshmen and transfers, to help them understand degree requirements and plan their courses.
- Engineering Student Services appointment scheduing
- Provides a specialized interface and glue to use the YouCanBookMe service for students to schedule appointments with staff advisors, ensuring that they get the correct advisor for their major.
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Dean's office as well as by building managers in Cory and Soda Halls. Stores information on keys (metal and card) used to access rooms in buildings, including people to whom the keys have been checked out.
- Stores information on room and desk assignments in Cory and Soda Halls; allows facilities manager to track what spaces are available at a given time.
- Building Request
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Dean's office as well as by building managers in Cory and Soda Halls. Handles requests for and tracks progress of maintenance/repair projects. Provides an online request form for building occupants.
- Safety Compliance
- Stores information on who has read the building safety compliance documents, the Building Emergency Plan (BEP) and the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), for Cory and Soda Halls. There is an online submission form for building occupants.
- ACG Inventory
- Stores information on computers, printers, and other network-attached devices managed by ACG.