As part of its mission, the EECS Administrative Computing Group designs, develops, and maintains departmental web/database applications that serve staff, faculty, and students in EECS and other units of the College of Engineering. This page provides a brief summary of the systems we support.
We also share data from our applications, for integration into external systems.
- My EECS Info
- Provides access to a variety of information for members of the EECS community (faculty, graduate students, staff, researchers). Information includes faculty contact info, assistants, office hours, research areas, centers/labs, research projects, faculty committees, graduate students, industrial contacts, courses, publications, technical reports, office/desk assignments. Allows edits to most existing data that is linked to the user. Provides links for faculty to the graduate admissions, faculty recruitment, and grad student review systems, plus any other applications that a specific faculty member has access to.
We also have a visual diagram of our faculty information and how it is used in different systems
- Faculty Directory
- Stores public directory information on EECS faculty, including contact info, brief biography, office hours, assistants, teaching schedule, research areas, and centers/labs. The data is the source for several sections of the EECS website, including lists of regular, emeritus, and visiting faculty, and the departmental faculty homepages. Updates to most data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Faculty Administration
- Stores restricted administrative information on EECS faculty: committees, administrative positions, leaves. The faculty committees and administrative officers EECS web page comes from this data.
- Research Areas/Centers
- Stores information on EECS faculty research: areas and centers/labs. Unlike the Faculty Directory application, this app allows edits to the research data itself (as well as its relationship to specific faculty members). The data is the source of the Research Areas and Centers and Labs sections of the EECS website. Updates to most data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Research Projects
- Stores information on research projects (abstracts). The data is the source of the Research Projects section of the EECS website. The projects are also compiled into a research summary book that is published annually by IRO. Updates to some data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Tracks EECS technical reports, faculty publications, and departmental dissertations. For technical reports, the publication itself is stored as a PDF file. The data is the source of several sections of the EECS website: Faculty Publications, Technical Reports, and Dissertations. Updates to some data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Industrial Relations
- Stores information on companies, donors, gifts, funds, memberships, events, and other matters related to the Industrial Relations Office (IRO). This application is used by staff to track contacts with important people, and to maintain detailed notes on companies and other donors. It includes news items that are published on the department homepage. It also handles online event registration. Updates to some data can be made via My EECS Info.
- Heaven Points
- Stores information on class schedules and faculty teaching loads. The data is the source of current and future class schedules on the EECS website.
- Faculty recruiting
- Handles faculty recruiting, including online applications and recommendations, faculty review of applications, and staff management of the process.
- Graduate Admissions
- This application is used by all departments in the College of Engineering. It handles applications to our graduate programs. Most of the application data is downloaded from the campus graduate division database during the application cycle each fall; additional documents are uploaded by applicants and recommenders, or scanned into the system by staff from hardcopy documents. This application is used by staff to track applicants throughout the admission process. There is a separate application that is used by faculty to review applicants and assist with admission decisions, and to track visit day appointments.
- Graduate student
- This application is used by all departments in the College of Engineering, as well as the Psychology and Neuroscience departments. It stores information on current graduate students. It is used by staff to track all academic requirements and to run reports both for tracking current students and for gathering long-term statistics. There is a separate application that is used by faculty for graduate student reviews.
- Exit Survey
- Handles graduate student exit surveys, which are submitted by graduate students upon program completion. There is an online survey for graduate students.
- This application is used by all departments in the College of Engineering, as well as the Psychology department. It handles applications for Graduate Student Instructor (GSI) and Reader positions; used by staff to make position assignments. There are online applications for students to apply for positions.
- Undergraduate student
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Student Affairs office as well as by all departments in the College. Tracks academic and degree progress for College of Engineering undergraduates.
- L&S CS undergraduate student
- Stores information on Letters & Sciences (L&S) Computer Science undergraduate students, and used to manage scheduling for undergraduate advising sessions. There is also an application used by undergrad students to apply for admission into the major.
- Undergraduate faculty advising
- This application is used by EECS and BioE to manage undergraduate faculty advising. There are separate applications that are used by faculty to update their advising info and preferences each semester and by students to choose advisers and sign-up for advising sessions.
- Student Awards
- This application is used by EECS, ME, and the Blum Center. It handles nominations (or applications) for student awards and fellowships managed by the department. Allows online faculty review of the applications.
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Dean's office as well as by building managers in Cory and Soda Halls. Stores information on keys (metal and card) used to access rooms in buildings, including people to whom the keys have been checked out.
- Stores information on room and desk assignments in Cory and Soda Halls; allows facilities manager to track what spaces are available at a given time.
- Building Request
- This application is used by staff in the College of Engineering Dean's office as well as by building managers in Cory and Soda Halls. Handles requests for and tracks progress of maintenance/repair projects. There is an online request form for building occupants.
- Safety Compliance
- Stores information on who has read the building safety compliance documents, the Building Emergency Plan (BEP) and the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), for Cory and Soda Halls. There is an online submission form for building occupants.
- ACG Inventory
- Stores information on computers, printers, and other network-attached devices managed by ACG.